Hello friends and alumni of Goddard College. Thank you for visiting our online auction. Items will be available for bidding 6/2-6/16/20. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Kailina or Justin from Alumni Council, or the Development Office.
Please note the following Auction Guidelines:
The silent auction will close at 11:59pm (EDT) on Tuesday, June 16.
By bidding in Goddard College’s silent auction, each bidder agrees to these auction rules:
- If you bid on an item and your bid is accepted by Goddard College, you are obligated to complete the transaction if you are the winning bidder. If you choose to bid on any item(s), you are certifying that you have the legal right to purchase and receive the item(s) being bid on.
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” Goddard College has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made on the auction website or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. Goddard College is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and the amount you pay above this fair market value estimate may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution to the extent allowed by the IRS. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify the amount of deduction.
- Successful online bidders will be charged at the time of sale to the pre-approved credit card or other method of payment provided at registration. In the event payment is declined, payment will be due immediately and items will not be released for use until successful payment is made.
- Shipping is included in the final payment of the winning bid for auction items. Bidders must agree to have their shipping information released to the donors so that arrangements for shipment can be made. Goddard College makes no guarantee of arrival time or condition upon arrival.
- You are solely responsible for the contact information that you provide to Bidding Owl when registering for the auction.
- The personal information collected is only used by Goddard College for the purposes defined at the time of the collection or a use that complies with these purposes. We do not share your information with any third parties except as noted in these bidding policies.
- Goddard College reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- It is the purchaser’s responsibility to contact the donor regarding all purchased services, such as classes, tutorials, etc., and to coordinate all dates and arrangements. Goddard College will not act as a go-between or conduit between the purchaser and donor.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from Goddard College, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auction company and website, the event organizers, donors of auction items, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
- No Warranty: Goddard College and our auction item/service donors offer all items “AS IS” and without any warranty and condition, express or implied.
- Being the winning bidder at an auction constitutes a contract between the buyer and the seller. Therefore, we encourage you to be fully aware of what you are doing and what you are attempting to buy. By registering and bidding within our online auction, you are agreeing to take responsibility for your bids.