Since our first sale in 1966, the Northern Michigan Relief Sale has been raising funds to support the projects and programs of Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), a worldwide ministry of Anabaptist churches.
Supporting this sale with bidding and donations creates an opportunity for us to demonstrate God’s love by working among people struggling with natural disasters, famine, war, disease and poverty, and to help relieve their suffering.
2020 NORTHERN MICHIGAN RELIEF HAS GONE ONLINE
Preview: Friday, July 10, 2020 – Monday, July 13, 2020
“Fund-A-Need” 100 for the 100th – Begins Friday, July 10, 2020
Bidding: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7 am – Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 3 pm
To browse and bid, follow the instructions below:
1. Go to http://www.BiddingOwl.com/NMRS
2. Click “Register”.
3. Fill out all information. Items with red * are required. It is recommended to click the option to receive notification when you are outbid.
4. Check your email. You should receive a link to activate your account. The email will have a greeting and a short paragraph explaining BiddingOwl with this statement following: “Please Click Here to Activate your account.”
5. Click the “Click Here” link.
6. You will then be directed to a login page. Enter your email and password.
7. Click “Go Back to Current Auction”.
8. You are now ready to begin the browsing process, and can begin bidding on July 13.
HINTS FOR THE AUCTION:
100 for the 100th
MCC is Celebrating Its 100 Year Anniversary
You can be a part of additional fundraising by selecting a dollar amount $1 - $100 to kick start the online event under “Fund-A-Need”. NMRS needs 100 people to select an amount to donate, and the goal is to make each dollar amount disappear. The given dollar amount will vanish from the public view when you select it as a donation, and will be put in your shopping cart. Selecting an amount can be done at any time. This fundraiser will provide MCC with over $5000.
The purpose of the sale is to help the hungry, the homeless, the war torn, the sick, the handicapped, and the illiterate, in the “NAME OF CHRIST.” Monies raised will be channeled through the Mennonite Central Committee — the cooperative relief and service agency for Mennonite and Brethren in Christ church groups.
Thank you for your support!