In honor of Black Maternal Health Awareness Week, Equity Before Birth is hosting a Virtual Silent Auction. All proceeds of the auction will go directly to benefit families.
We are working to improve maternal health experiences and birth outcomes by providing support in 3 main ways:
- Providing paid leave opportunitites for bed rest and recovery from a birth event
- Increasing access to culturally affirming services
- Providing finances for essential baby needs
Here are some highlights from our first 6 months of operations:
- Gained over 20 community and direct service partners including NCCU's Department of Career and Professional Development and Duke University's Fuqua on Board program
- Raised over $225,000
- 100% Funded by donations
- Assisted 30 families (& counting) with an average of $1,085 each (will assist at least 10 more families this month)
- In the process of hiring an intern and Sponsorship Coordinator
- Provided paid leave for multiple families, helping them secure a healthy transition back to work
- Provided full spectrum doula services to several families including small business owners, entrepreneurs, young couples entering parenthood and single mothers who would have otherwise had no additional support
- Provided essential baby needs for several families (helping families secure car seats, cribs and formula when unable to access it through WIC and other systems/services)
Thank you to our donors for supporting our work!