This is a reminder that items made from wolf fur, e.g., skeins of yarn and knitted products can NOT be shipped outside of the United States. Please take this into account when you bid. Thank you!
Welcome to our fifth annual Wolf Care Fundraiser to support the Center's Wolf Care Department! Proceeds from the auction will be used to support the Wolf Care Department's special initiatives for 2019 including:
- System upgrade of our surveillance cameras and digital video recorder, including the addition of audio capabilities to keep track of activity in and around the enclosure;
- Associated care and veterinary needs of our oldest Retired Pack wolf, Grizzer, and oldest Exhibit Pack wolf, Denali; and
- Supporting new wolf care products, including a 30-year history of the Ambassador wolves book, Pup Ethogram and Adopt-a-wolf phone/tablet application.
These are SOME of the items that will be available:
- Hand-spun and knitted wolf fur products from the shed undercoats that staff brush each spring.
- Illustrations and graphite drawings of our current ambassadors, as well as our “Gone but not Forgotten Wolf” Lakota.
- Original portraits and nature scenes done in graphite by Paul Beyer.
- Gray Wolf Manitou Spirit or Totem created by Kevin Gadomsky of Freedom Gallery.
- Felt and Canvas Jackets, Coldwater Creek brand men’s denim shirt.
- Hand knitted sheep’s wool socks from the Russian Federation.
- Professional photographs of our ambassador wolves and the natural world from Heidi Pinkerton, Don Gossett, Kelly Godfrey, Alan Hensley, Robert Sole, Rob Schultz and Barb Farley.
- Stunning handmade jewelry from well-known artists such as: Heidi Kummli, Rebecca Jurgens, and Susan Brackett.
- Earrings featuring Heidi Pinkerton’s photos of our arctic ambassadors.
- Hand-made knives by Vincent Rizzo.
- Limited edition silver coins from the Royal Canadian Mint and the Polish Mint.
Bidding begins at
12 a.m. CST on February 1, 2019
and closes at 2 p.m. CST on February 10, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: The final bid price does not include shipping and optional insurance as appropriate. Bidding Owl will issue a final invoice for your successful bid which will require you to login and pay through Bidding Owl. After payment has been documented, you will receive an email directly from the Center's Wolf Curator with details about shipping options and a link to submit a payment for shipping. Once that is completed, your item will be shipped. You may also make arrangements to pick up your item at the Center's Ely or Twin Cities offices.
We hope you enjoy these items and find the one you just can't live without! Thanks for your support of our Ambassador Wolves.
Have questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org